Saturday 30 May 2009

Eternal rest

I sat on my own filled deep with sorrow,
watching the sunrise promising tomorrow.
But I couldn't feel a drop of the suns rays,
as I flow through my never ending days.
As I walked towards the tower,
around me came a defening shower.
I couldn't feel it on my ice cold skin,
and the colours around me did not dim.
But as the rain tumbled down,
I could not hide my new made frown.
Because around me lay the dead,
their life sucked from them as they bled.
I remember how that night had felt,
a strange sensation like a tightening belt.
It came around my throught you see,
and it was as tight as tight can be.
Then out of the shadowy night,
came a rather gruesome sight.
As another like myself,
who seemed to have a lot of wealth.
Came towards me his teeth bared,
but by luck my life he spared.
Now as I remember it,
it does not seem quite to fit.
With the goings on in my head,
and the words that I have said.
I do wish that he had killed me,
so I could be at rest for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment